[spectre] Re:[mir]Re:[spect] list info

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck@transmediale.de
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:40:17 +0200

>At 16:44 +0200 15 Sep 2001, Janos Sugar wrote:
>
>>>2) S.P.E.C.T.R.E.: Society for the Propagation of Economic Crimes,
>>>Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion (James Bond 007 movies)

>i always disliked this part of the list info,
>what about to delete at least #2?

janos, a late response, but i disagree: i see no reason for that kind of
self-censorship; we generally agreed on this because of the black, slightly
camp sense of humour, and i think that we should not let go of that,
certainly not in the face of the current global situation. a disclaimer on
our love for james bond movies? a disclaimer on our relishing of conspiracy
theories? a disclaimer on bad jokes? (does anybody know a place where jokes
about the 11sept attacks are collected?)

if art has a final function, it will be to ridicule reality by holding up a
mirror.

greetings,
-a