[spectre] fwd: Messed-Up Games

honor honor@va.com.au
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:38:47 +0000

] call for submissions [ ...........................

"Messed-Up Games"

SelectParks is putting together a large public  database of experiments and
artworks exploring the use and/or  modification of computer gaming
technologies.

Of particular interest is work coming from either a fine-arts or
theoretical perspective. We are also interested in work purely concerned
with exploring the limits of the technology:

Including:

3D engine hacks
Architectural Investigations
Gameboy and handheld hacks
Game to real world applications [eg: robotics]
AI / Bot design
Console modifications
Machinima
Game Engines for audio installation / performance
Renderer Hacks [PanQuake etc]
Research on Platform Independence / Portability
Written Theory

SelectParks is not interested in game-related illustrations, conventional
level design, tags and skins, or work that celebrates in-game exploits.

While work does not have to result in an operable game, it must directly
engage gaming technology specifically, toward the ends of developing it for
applications outside of the computer game marketplace..

We are also not seeking flash or shockwave games.

The site will feature:

Resources
Festival and Funding billboard
Howto's
Downloads
Online Multi-user Game Lab
Forum
Code repository
Catalogue
Some Other Things

Submissions [Due 26th November]:

For each submission we require either a 120 * 90 image or a 500k [or less]
mp3, and two lines of text. From these we will link to your site.
Alternatively we can link to a project page that we will make for you.

We will soon have servers for popular multi-user development platforms like
Quake [II and Q3a], Unreal Tournament, with support also for Linux based
engines.

The site will bring together the resources and innovations of the computer
gaming and demo scenes in contact with those wishing to explore alternative
applications for these rich technologies.

Please email nearhere@selectparks.net with questions and / or details of
your project[s].

Cheers,

SelectParks